You are at the website (the “Site”) of Mobile Talks, an initiative of Fundació Barcelona Mobile World Capital Foundation (“MWCB”), a Spanish public foundation, with registered offices in Barcelona (08018), Roc Boronat Street, 117 3rd floor, registered at the Foundation’s Registry of the Generalitat de Catalunya with number 2.717, and with tax identification number G65760431.
It is up to you to check, periodically, whether changes have been made and to comply at all times with the Terms and Conditions in force.
- Purpose of storing data
1.1 The data collected via the Site’s newsletter form to receive general information periodically (the “Newsletter Form”) will be included in the “CONTACTS” filing system, duly registered in the Spanish Data Protection Agency. In these terms, the storage of your data fulfills the main purpose of recording your query and being able to offer you a suitable response and also improve the services we offer. This filing system fulfills the statutory requirements laid down in the LOPD, and also the technical requirements and organizational measures set forth in the Royal Decree 1720/2007, of December 21, that implements the LOPD, in order to safeguard the security of the data you provide.
1.2. When providing your data on the Newsletter Form you are giving your consent to the storage of your data in our filing systems. All the data marked with an asterisk on the form must be completed for your query to be admitted. We do not request any information that is deemed specially protected data under the legislation in force, or any type of economic data.
1.3 Additionally, your personal data will be processed by MWCB to:
- Send you information about this event (Mobile Talks)
- Send you information about other events organized by MWCB or where MWCB participates.
- Send you commercial communications on goods and services sold or provided by MWCB and any of its affiliates.
At any time, you will be entitled to revoke your consent for the use of your data for the purposes stated on the previous paragraphs by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the e-mail subject or select the ‘unsubscribe’ button that you will find at the bottom of our program information emails.
- Supplementary information
One way of collecting supplementary information on your visits to our Site, such as the most visited pages or the services that receive the most attention, is by registering your device’s IP address or protocol. This IP protocol is a number that it is automatically assigned to your device each time you browse. Any web page you access immediately detects the presence of your device via your IP address. When you access any of our pages, your IP address is stored automatically. The sole purpose of collecting this information is to prepare statistics on the visits to our Site which enables us to track how our service is working and improve it daily.
3.2 In this regard, the Site uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions through the collection of certain navigation data. Specifically, these are cookies set by the website that is being visited and not by a third party. Specially, the Site uses Google Analytics first-party cookies.
The abovementioned cookies are used to in order to improve the services offered and to provide a more rapid and comfortable access to the use of the Site. Such first-party cookies are also implemented for anonymized and aggregated statistical purposes. These tools are used by MWCB to estimate the number of unique visitors, to detect the most preeminent search engine keywords that lead to a webpage or to track down website navigation issues. Nevertheless, the MWCB does not use third-party advertising cookies. That is, MWCB does not have cookies that are set by a different domain other than the Site.
These links explain how you can control cookies via your browser – remember that if you turn off cookies in your browser then these settings apply to all websites not just this one:
- Internet Explorerhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 (this page links to further information for different versions of IE – the mobile version is at http:/ /www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings.aspx).
- Safari:http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html (or http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677for mobile versions)
- Firefox:http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
- Blackberries:http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/ 32004/Turn_off_cookies_in_the_browser_60_1072866_11.jsp
- User rights
4.1 You may access to the data stored on our filing systems at any time, and may rectify, cancel or object to that data (“ARCO Rights”). You may exercise your rights by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or a letter to: Fundació Barcelona Mobile World Capital Foundation, Roc Boronat, 117, 08018, Barcelona, Spain. In all cases you must evidence your identity with a photocopy of your valid ID document or passport in order to exercise your ARCO Rights. These rights have the following specific contents:
- You may request and obtain free of charge information about your processed personal data, their origin (which in our case will always be the questionnaires on the Site) and communications that may affect that data.
- MWCB is released from any liability in the event that the request to be shown or have data corrected is made from the e-mail address included on the query form and the above-mentioned ID documents are included, since in such an event it is the data subject who will be deemed to be making the query.
- You may request the rectification or cancellation of your data, which will be carried out by MWCB within up to ten (10) days. Cancellation entails that your data will be blocked and only stored in case they are requested by the public authorities or judges and courts.
4.2 MWCB accepts its liability and warrants that it will comply with the duty of secrecy incumbent on it in relation to all the data supplied.
- Disclosure of data
5.1 MWCB will disclose your personal data to EDICIONES EL PAÍS, S.L. (as EDICIONES EL PAÍS, S.L. collaborates in the organization of the event ‘Mobile Talks’), located in Madrid (28037, Miguel Yuste 40, with NIF B85635910) to manage your assistance to the Mobile Talks events or receive information about Mobile Talks as well as corporate and commercial information. This disclosure of data is deemed necessary as EDICIONES EL PAÍS, S.L. collaborates in the organization of the event ‘Mobile Talks’,
5.2 MWCB warrants that the data provided will not be accessible by any person unrelated to MWCB and EDICIONES EL PAÍS, S.L., and that they will only be shown at the request of the properly evidenced data subject.
5.3. As well as indicated in point 4, you may access to the data stored on our filing systems at any time, and may rectify, cancel or object to that data (“ARCO Rights”). You may exercise your rights by sending a letter to: EDICIONES EL PAÍS, S.L., 28037, Miguel Yuste, 40 Madrid with the subject “Data Protection”.
- End of processing
If, for any reason, MWCB ultimately stops providing its services through the Site, it will destroy all the stored data in order to maintain the security of the data supplied and bring them into line with their purpose.
- Applicable legislation and jurisdiction
For the resolution of all disputes or questions relating the use of this Web or activities developed therein, the parties expressly submit themselves to the Spanish law and to the competence and jurisdiction of the Courts of Barcelona.