Digitalization is becoming a decisive factor in the transformation of industries and the rise of competitiveness in the 21st century. Simultaneously, the environmental challenges currently faced by society require actions such as the promotion of low-carbon industries, the first step towards creating sustainable cities.
In this context, the energy sector requires a transformation that has to be linked to new emerging technologies, as these present an opportunity for all agents involved in this industry, including researchers, businessmen, the people responsible for defining energy policies, and even society as a whole.
The next Mobile Talks session will count with the presence of international representative of this sector – energy services, technology suppliers and telecommunications operators – to define the new profile of energy consumers in the 21st century and to identify the challenges and opportunities posed by the digitalization of the energy sector.
That is why during the course of the session the experts will answer the main questions concerning this industry with regard to its necessary transformation:
- Which are the main obstacles for digitalizing existing energy markets and infrastructures?
- What is the energy consumer’s new role and how do we incorporate it into the decision-making process?
- Are smart networks taking off?
- What synergies exist between telecommunications and energy networks?
- Which are the main fields of investigation that most call for the digitalization of the energy sector?